I am the most honest wine source of information that I can think of and take great pride in my accurate reviews of wine shops & wines. I will be honest it has been a while since ordering from WTSO but these two recent purchases have me believing in what they are doing in late 2021 and into 2022.
Free shipping! This has been discusses on Wine Berserkers in great length lately and many operations are using third party shipping which is getting bottle cost shipping up to $8 a bottle or more!
Customer Service! When I have had bad bottles in the past their customer service team has taken care of the issue right away. I have personally stopped buying from some operations as a corked bottle should ever be at the cost of the consumer.
Speed! Ordering last week and getting two shipments in less than a week is not the norm especially this time a year. They have a great relationship with FedEx and I have all my orders shipped to FedEx Office which then I can pick up at my convenience.
Wine Berserkers WTSO Post. I have been supportive and critical at times but the latest offers have been much better. Click here to check out offers.
Here are two amazing Rhone Wines I just ordered and I would recommend you get your order in before they sell them out. Yes my reviews sell out wines!!!
- 2019 Les Vins de Vienne Viognier Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes – France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes (12/2/2021)
- Day 1: $14.99 and worth every penny. Floral, orange peel, spice, minerals and crisp acidity combine to make this a pleasant everyday drinker. 91 points
- Day 2: Even better. Orange peel, floral notes, mild spices, minerals, apple and pear. Good acidity and medium finish. This is very enjoyable on its own. 92 points
- Day 3: Flint, orange peel, mango, dust, mild spices, apple and pear. Love the evolution of the wine over 3 days and all equally good. 91 points
- Recommendation: $14.99 and free shipping from WTSO what is not to like! 92 points
- 2018 Les Vins de Vienne Gigondas Les Pimpignoles – France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Gigondas (12/1/2021)
- Day 1: Pop and pour after arrival today from WTSO. Stellar wine featuring raspberries, hot spices, white pepper, minerals, Garrique and blueberries. This is really tasty and worthy of the WS 94 point score (not quite there yet though). 92 points
- Day 2: A bit less intense. Some of the hot spices have blown off. Garrique, raspberries, minerals, mild spices, celery stalks and white pepper. This is really nice on day 2 and this young wine is drinking really well right now. 92+ points
- Day 3: Very nice on day 3 with underbrush, Garrique, white pepper, spice, minerals, raspberries, blueberries and earth. Medium plus finish and balanced wine with nice acidity. 93 points
- Recommendation: A great WTSO buy at $22.99. (93 points)
- 2019 Jean Biecher Riesling Sommerberg – France, Alsace, Alsace Grand Cru (12/17/2021)
Day 1: Very nice wine for $20. Lemon zest, slate, orange peel, mild spice and dust. Good acidity and medium finish. Buy. 91 points
Day 2: Maybe a little better featuring lemon zest, slate, orange peel, a touch of honey, pear, spice and dust. Just a touch of sweetness adds to the wine. As one poster said better as it warms up and I agree. 91+ points
Day 3: Holding up strong but not as good as day 1 and 2. 89 points
Recommendation: This will be good on a pop and pour and drink through 2028. (91 points)
2016 Fontanafredda Barolo Varej $29.99
2017 Lachini Pinot Noir “S” Lachini Vineyard $19.99 (Cellar Tracker 90.5)