- There is a plethora of tasting rooms popping up in Seattle. Woodinville used to be the main hub but don’t ignore the convenience of tasting rooms in urban Seattle. Rotie Cellars tasting room is in the SODO district. Also check out Sleight of Hand in the same complex.
Here are some tasting notes of a recent visit. Prices based on full retail. Discounts available in larger purchases.
- 2016 Rôtie Cellars Mourvedre Rosé – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley $22
70% Mourvèdre, 15% Syrah and 15% Grenache. The only really dood Rose on this particular trip. Spice, floral, cherry, strawberry and chalk. Medium, complex finish. Drink over the next few years for maximum enjoyment. (91 pts.)
- 2018 Rôtie Cellars Southern White – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley $32
Very delicate wine featuring floral, spice and minerals. Short on the finish and refreshing. Drink now to 2022. (89 pts.)
- 2018 Rôtie Cellars Northern White – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley $48
Enjoyed more than the Southern White. Floral, apricots, wet stones and apple. Medium finish and good acidity. Should drink well for 5 years. (91 pts.)
- 2018 Rôtie Cellars Grenache Blanc – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley
Orange peel, floral, minerals, spice and perfume. Very balanced and refreshing. (90 pts.)
- 2017 Rôtie Cellars Southern Blend – USA, Washington $48
Ok now we are talking. While I enjoyed the elegance of the whites the reds were rocking. Pepper, rose petals, raspberries, blueberries, smoke and stone. Medium to long finish (92 pts.)
- 2017 Rôtie Cellars Northern Blend – USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley $48
Wow wonderful wine and amazing value at $40 in the wine club. Stone, funk, red currant, roasted meats and tar this is a massive wine. I could see a decade or more of aging potential. Long finish. A top 5 wine from the Walla Walla trip. (94 pts.)